Northeast SARE Project - 2010
The goal of this project was to design an inexpensive, more efficient vertical patternator that is easily constructed by any farmer and has $100 or less in newly purchased material costs. The patternators developed in this project were constructed entirely of newly purchased parts to reflect the true cost of construction. Various patternators were built and tested for their ability to quantify the spray pattern of an airblast sprayer.
Two different versions of a vertical spray patternator along with a lower priced modified Cornell patternator were built. A modified Cornell patternator was built to allow comparisons between the various designs using statistical analysis.
- Develop a more efficient patternator.
- Less than $100 in material costs.
- Test ability to quantify spray pattern.
- Statistical analysis of patternator's efficiency.
- Modified Cornell patternator - $127.55
- SARE patternator - $93.44
- SARE WITH SCREENS patternator - $115.44