Northeast SARE Project - 2012
The goal of this project was to expand on and reexamine the patternators developed in 2010. Another patternator design, even lower in cost, was tested and compared with two patternators from the 2010 project. Each design of patternator gives different results and a key goal in this project was to determine which patternator gives results closest to actual spraying in a fruit crop. The new patternator design requires image analysis software for the results to be expressed numerically. Image analysis software was developed and compared with an available USDA program.
- Test 2010 patternators for accuracy
- Develop a lower cost & simpler patternator
- Develop software to quantify spray pattern
- Test ability to quantify spray pattern
- Statistical analysis of patternator's efficiency
- Paper patternator - $44.45